Friday 4 January 2008

Happy new Year 2008

Hi Everybody,
May this year be new beginnings for you all. The old has gone the new has come. I like christmas but I don't go mad and let it rule me. I don't like shopping but I get presents all the year round for all occasions for one and all. I gave 23 presents I got 18 back. I have 63 cards and 8 ecards. I was busy with luncheon club christmas lunch but everybody enjoyed it as well as the helpers. I went on monday with a team of volunteers to set the table and get as much as possible ready then it felt like the crack of dawn on tuesday morning to be there again. first I had to get to the shops to get cranberry sauce, by the end of the day I was ready to go home. then I had to work on the wednesday and thursday it felt like full time that week. I continued to go to the prayer for persecuted christians in December it was at my house. We had some breakthroughs in prayer. the persecuted christians need to be admired for their courage and dedication to the lord. I took Kath and Margaret to Barrow farm in highwood where Kath use to live to a nativity in a stable led by disabled children it was cold but Kath was grateful I took her there and Margaret had memories of it too. The mayor and the bishop of Chelmsford were there.
I enjoyed both carole services but 16th was more enjoyable for me. Everybody said the children were lovely but I kept saying what about us singing some said you were good too. I went to see one of luncheon club volunteers who suffers from severe depression at her place and today she came to me with her carer we had a game of scrabble and saw a bit of Miss Potter dvd. Healing rooms we met up to christmas and we start again on tuesday. I feel very uplifted in serving others in this way and we have seen some miracles of healing this last year. My friend Ruth came one afternoon we had a good time. My neighbour came round one afternoon with her sister in law to look at my christmas decorations and my lights I have lots of lights. I like the lights. I have a fibreoptic christmas tree that revolves round and round. I have 4 sets of lights in lounge and dining room/ lounge diner. I have 4 sets of lights outside in the garden. Praise the Lord they are coming down tomorrow since electricity is going up. For the caroles on the 16th my neighbours came 2 couples and one brought her daughter and grandaughter for the first time I was excited about that I had already given them a booklet. On the 23rd one couple came and her sister in law from london for the first time and she asked for a booklet in the church I was doubly excited since it was the year fo abundance I asked the Lord to help me to be part of the vision. I thought the midnight service was very reflective. Apart from working in Elim life has been hectic.
Christmas day I went to friends for lunch and tea I worked so hard helping I came home 21.30 hrs and went straight to bed. Boxing day I had 2 people here who would be on their own and who don't have cars. New years day I had 3 people here for lunch and tea and my neighbours came in the afternoon to join us from 2pm and they didn't go till 5pm then I had tea ready and watched a dvd and took them home. yesterday I had friends for the evening and tomorrow night I'm having friends for the evening. the lydia intercession continues with all that is going on in the church and the world we need more intercessors to cry out to God. The monday sharpening meeting starts this coming week too.
My new year's resolution is to be willing to be available to serve others. ' In serving others we serve ourselves' Amen
A thought for the new year: ps 139: 7-10 'Where could I go from Your Spirit? Or where could I flee from Your presence? If I ascend up into heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol { the place of death ] you are there. If I take the wings of the morning or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there shall your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me' May the Lord continue to uphold you this coming year.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

hi nicole
happy new year
god bless
from tracie - oz

Nicole's Psalm said...

Lovely to hear from you. I'm going to Mauritus on holiday 15th feb-15 march. I had a halfprice ticket. Life is too hectic I have decided not to continue with blogging.